The hydroelectric sector constitutes a significant share of the world production of electricity: over 16% with peaks that exceed 90% for a vast range of geographical areas.
Hydroelectric power production was the core business from which RENEWEM started its growth.
During the last 25 years it has designed, constructed and operated 26 hydropower stations with a total installed capacity of more than 70 MW and an average annual production of around 250.000 MWh.
The “project portfolio” is being continually implemented by the identification of new sites and subsequent submission of new licence applications.
Renewem aims to increase its presence in countries rich in this resource by developing innovative projects and also by restructuring and renewing power stations already in operation.
The design activity foresees, besides the planning and the management during all the phases, also the realization of the plant and the customer support during the entire authorization iter.
Engineering services could be provided full integrated or as single specialistic performances, on the basis of client requests and needs.
- Topographic and geomorphological site study;
- Assessment of hydric resources available and their energetic potential;
- Basic design of the plant (hydraulic turbine, generator, control systems...);
- Project economic evaluation and financing possibilities;
- Analysis of legislation and authorization procedures in order to obtain required licences.